Tuesday, July 20, 2010

.:Maggie:.

They sedated her and I held her in my arms the entire time. I cried and then held back the tears and then cried again. Even though I knew we had planned to put our precious pug to sleep it didn't seem real to me until that moment I held her. She made all the wrong in the world go away and knowing that she wouldn't be there for that ever again hurt.

I know it's silly to feel this way about a dog, but I guess only true pet lovers will understand this.

It felt like a normal day... a normal day to take our pet to the vet. But what hurt the most was knowing that she wouldn't be coming home with us and knowing that she didn't know that. She probably only thought it was a regular routine and of course was nervous like she always is for those regular visits. I felt like in some way we were betraying her trust. It broke my heart.

We had the best doctor and they were so good to us. They let me hold her the entire time and I literally got to watch her leave. It was the hardest thing yet the best thing I could have experienced.

I miss her already.


6 comments:

  1. That had to be super hard. So... Sorry hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm Sorry. That is such a hard thing to go through. They really do become family and it is isn't easy to let them go. At least you were able to be there for her in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Meghan... you know I'm not a softy, but I'm fighting my own tears for you after reading this. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to such an innocent, loving furry family member. I hope you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss her everyday :( I hate that I can't go downstairs and see her sleeping on the couch and give her hugs and kisses :( this xmas wont be the same w out her.

    ReplyDelete

Voting