Friday, December 10, 2010

Well....

Yes, yes it's true... I GOT THE JOB!!!!

Somehow everything worked out perfectly and so far still is.  Looking back at everything, especially the last four years, I can finally see how it worked out... everytime.  Sadly I couldn't see it during that time with all the tears, fears, struggles, selfishness, anguish, pity, stress (ok, ok you get the picture).  But it's time to learn from that, leave it behind, and move on so I can embrace the present and future.  I'm so grateful for this opportunity and still don't feel like I deserve it.  But I'm going to do my best with it and earn it :)  

So the job is a new graduate program at a hospital that I worked at during my last semester of school.  I really, really liked working there and have been wanting to start my career there (yes, I said career.. how cool is that?!). I've been in contact with people there since I graduated and have been just waiting it out until an opportunity like this came.  It's hard for new graduates to get a job without experience because it cost a lot more money to train a new graduate then it does someone with experience.  This is the first time this hospital or any hospital in Nevada has ever done a new graduate program.  It's so new to the hospital that I'm not sure exactly what will be going on, but this is what I understand of it so far...

It's a one year residency which means a guaranteed job for a year!! Yay! For the first five weeks we'll be rotating on all the different units and afterwards we'll pick/be assigned a unit.  We'll then have a preceptorship for 6-8 weeks on that unit.  But that's as much as I know so far.  I'm sure there will be classes and such in between and throughout.  But the point is, they'll be designing this program for us!!

I'm extremely nervous and yet I have never been so at peace and felt so happy about my life now and the future. 

Thank you to an understanding, patient, loving Heavenly Father for still believing in me even though I don't deserve it.  And thank you for wonderful family and friends for the love, support, and prayers!!!

I finally made it!!! 

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congrats girl. After what you've been through, you need this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is GREAT news. The new graduate program sounds like a great opportunity and you get to be one of those to shape the future of it! :) And I am glad to know that there are good people like you working in our NV hospitals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats my friend!! You deserve it!!! I'm so proud of you & this big accomplishment. You are going to do a wonderful job. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I'm so very excited for you! Just remember, this being the first year and all, there will be MANY bumps and learning curves along the way, but I'm so very excited for you! Congrats girlfriend! You have EARNED it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Don't forget to come see us sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all knew you'd get here and that you'll succeed even further. You're a smart woman & you have a determination that will always ensure you land on top one way or another. Sorry, this comment kinda belongs on both this post and the one right after it... CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN MEGHAN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Voting