Friday, February 25, 2011

Starting Over.

My job is fantastic! I've been in training the last 6 weeks and now I'll be on my own starting Sunday... yikes! Wish me luck.  Handling six patients has been good and I'm surprised I'm handling it, but I don't know how it'll be without someone there with me all the time. 

But that's not what I want to talk about.  I decided it's a good time to start over and I'm referring to my wardrobe.  I kid you not, I have not been clothes shopping since starting nursing school!! I never had time, money, and I didn't really care about it because it sucks to shop when you don't have money coming in.  Of course, I may have bought an occassional few items here and there in the past, but looking at my clothes now you'd never know it because they're falling apart or stained or both (I really am not a great caretaker of clothes apparently).  Now I've decided to slowly replace old clothes with new ones!

Also, all I have bought with any extra spending money I have is scrubs.  That's great and all, but I don't live in the hospital.  So I decided since I never shop just for myself, I can justify in going... and I'm loving it.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there to help you shop! It sounds like so much fun to do...I don't shop for myself very often anymore. It's more fun to shop for my little girl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 patients...props to you! I like my ICU world; two patients MAX. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made it to 6 patients!! We need lunch again, maybe you should come over and check out our new digs, that way we both get to eat for cheap lol!!

    And I need new clothes too, let's go together one of these weekends, because Russ kinda sucks as a mall buddy unless we're in a store that carries men clothing too.

    ReplyDelete

Voting