Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolution

One of my dearest friends Cierra Owens, who also just happens to be amazing and gifted, posted a blog about something called Project 365 and I fell in LOVE with the idea! I knew exactly what to ask for for Christmas, which was my very own digital camera! I am in love with it already and it's my first camera I've ever owned. Sad to say that I've been without one for so long, but it's true. Plus, it's pink which truly makes it mine!

Just to summarize, the idea behind the project is to take a photo a day for an entire year of whatever you want. It's a huge challenge and commitment, but for some reason I couldn't resist. I fell in love with it because it was a creative outlet, an opportunity to look at the world differently, a way to break from repetitiveness, and constant reminder to myself to be grateful for the little things in life.

So if you're interested in checking mine out you can go here. As you can see, I'm very new with photography so any tips would be great! And if you want to start your own, you should! It doesn't have to be at the beginning of the year as long as you do it for an entire year. If you decide to start one, let me know so I can follow along :)

If you're reading this Cierra... Thanks again for posting that blog! I really needed this! I am grateful for you in my life my dear :)

2 comments:

  1. Your welcome! I'm glad that you are going to do one. It will surprise you how much you can find to capture. I can't wait to see what you post! ;) Ha-na-min-na-ma-nay!

    ha ha...those were good times. I always think of you when I hear Britney...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some nice pictures so far. But since you are looking for tips on how to be a better photographer, I found this site that will tell you everything you need to know. good luck

    http://www.27bslash6.com/photography.html

    ReplyDelete

Voting